Beautify Your Home with Thanksgiving Flowers
Thanksgiving is November 28th, which is not that far away. If you’re hosting the turkey dinner, you probably have loved ones coming to your home from near and far. You want to impress them with your home and especially the dinner table. One of the best ways to do this is by using Thanksgiving flowers arrangements.
Choosing the Colors for an Arrangement
A Thanksgiving arrangement can come in any colors you would like, but most people usually choose browns, oranges, yellows, and reds. These are the classic colors of Thanksgiving, and most homes hosting dinners will have these colors in their décor.
Types of Flowers for Thanksgiving
There are many types of flowers available during this season, but the most popular ones are:
Also, adding in fruit and other adornments will make your arrangement interesting and unique. Try some of these:
- Mini pumpkins
Where to Put the Arrangement
While the best place to put an arrangement is in the center of the table, that doesn’t have to be where you put it. Many people will place a beautiful Thanksgiving arrangement on a table that is across from or next to the front door. This is a good way to invite guests into a home. It welcomes them and it’s a great conversation starter.
- You can place it on the island in your kitchen. As you’re cooking, it’s nice to remember why you are doing this for your loved ones by looking at the beautiful arrangement in front of you.
- Place it on the coffee table in your living room. As people sit around your living room, they will notice the beauty of the arrangement, which will then prime them to see the beautiful décor throughout your home.
- Some people place their bouquets on the fireplace mantel. In colder areas, the fireplace will be lit and the flowers are the perfect touch to the vibrant flames.
- If you have a banquet table in your dining room, you can place it on that table. That way people can admire it as they are eating.
- If you have guests staying overnight, you may want to put a small arrangement in your guest room. The beauty and fragrance will comfort them giving them a good night’s rest after eating all of that turkey, stuffing and other fixings.
Buying an Arrangement as a Gift
Many people purchase flowers as a gift for someone hosting the dinner. This is a great way to show how much you appreciate the person cooking and providing you with such a good meal.
How Far in Advance Should You Order a Thanksgiving Arrangement?
Thanksgiving is a popular time of year for florists. It’s important to contact your florist at least two weeks before Thanksgiving to give her an idea of what you’re seeking in an arrangement. That way you give her enough time to order the flowers you want.
If you don’t have any special requests, you can call about a week before the big day. Your florist will prepare your arrangement for the day you would like it delivered, and make sure you receive it in plenty of time for when you want your house ready to welcome guests.
It’s Time to Start Thinking About Your Thanksgiving Celebration
Thanksgiving is a wonderful holiday. It’s a time to get together with friends and family and really think about what’s important in life. As you are decorating your home and preparing the menu, consider ing a beautiful floral arrangement to add to the beauty of the holiday. As soon as you see it and hear all of the compliments about it, you’ll wish you had ordered one every other year you’ve hosted Thanksgiving dinner.